Hosting Services Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable use Policy for Web Connections (AUP)
Web Connections Hosting Services Acceptable Use Policy
This policy is subject to change, so please check regularly for updates. This policy is in addition to the Web Connections Terms and Conditions.
1. Web Connections reserves the right to suspend or cancel a customer’s access to any or all services provided by Web Connections, where Web Connections decides that the account has been inappropriately used. Web Connections reserves the right to refuse service and/or access to its network to anyone.
2. Web Connections offer large amounts and disk space and bandwidth with some account types. By this, we mean disk space for legitimate website content and bandwidth for visitors to view it. All files on a domain must be part of the active website and linked to the site. Websites should not contain any backups, or other non-web based content. We will treat all password protected archives (e.g. zip and rar) files as unacceptable. Non web files including, but not limited to exe, mp3, avi, wmf are not permitted on our servers.
3. Scripts and web applications on the website must be designed to produce web-based content, and not to use the server as an application server. Using the server to generate large volumes of email from a database is an example of activity that is not allowed. Scripts and web applications should not attempt to manipulate the timeouts on servers. These are set at the present values to ensure the reliability of the server. Sites that reset these do so because they are resource intensive, and adversely affect server performance and are therefore not allowed. Scripts and web applications that are designed to provide proxy services, anonymous or otherwise, are not allowed.
4. Websites must not contain Warez, copyright or other illegal material. The onus is on you the customer to prove that you own the rights to publish material, not for Web Connections to prove that you do not.
5. Websites must not contain pornographic or other lewd material. Adult Material includes all pornography, erotic images, or otherwise lewd or obscene content. The designation of “adult material” is left entirely to the discretion of Web Connections.
6. Websites must not use excessive amounts of server resources. These include bandwidth, processor utilization and / or disk space.
Server Resources are defined as bandwidth, processor utilisation, disk space or database usage. Web Connections may implement the following policy to its sole discretion:
When the resources utilised by a customer in using a service are abnormally high, Web Connections reserves the right to suspend that service immediately. This policy is only implemented in extreme circumstances and is intended to prevent the misuse of our servers. Customers may be offered an option whereby Web Connections continues hosting the website for an additional fee.
7. Email Services are for the exclusive use of our customers and our resellers customers and may not be used for Free Email Services or Free Mailbox Services.